Sunday, May 6, 2012

Indianapolis Mini-Marathon

Somehow we ended up in the "back of the pack" - which actually worked out well because I didn't feel claustrophobic waiting for the race to start!  I'm walking with Shelley, Christal & Laura
If anyone knows what the cash prize is for 28,615th place (3:37:34), please let me know!
My friends and I walked the Indianapolis Mini-Marathon at the beginning of May - kicking off the Indy 500 month!  The race is 13.1 miles, and the "highlight" is walking around the actual racetrack. It was a great experience, and the training itself has paid off, getting me off the couch a bit more!  I would definitely do another mini, but I will NEVER run one!  :)  It was an added bonus that Gretchen came down to run it and stayed with us the night before.  I neglected to get a picture of us together, but we had a nice evening, we walked to Stone Creek and ate dinner outside and got caught up!  A fun friends weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment