Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Melanie

As Melanie Grace prepares to turn five, I wanted to jot down a few of her favorite things and developing personality traits.  She is suddenly such a little helper.  She wants to set the table, take care of Joey, gets changed all by herself in the mornings, makes beds, helps in the kitchen, etc.  We'll see how long all of that lasts!  She loves sitting at the table with a pen & paper and just creating.  Scissors & glue are other favorites, and she creates invitations, pictures, etc.  She will just sit for 10 minutes and write all of her friends' and teachers' names out.  Her new favorite word she likes to write is "Love."

In addition to daycare five days a week, she is still participating in Noah's Ark's preschool program - so on MWF for 2.5 hours, she goes across the hall to preschool.  This has really brought her out of her shell a lot  - we have noticed it, and her teachers have too.  The independence is coming through more and more.  She wrapped up a "season" of gymnastics, and started her ballet/tap/gymnastics class that meets once a week, and that, too, has helped her gain independence and confidence.  She recently went out to dinner with a friend, and twice lately has played at friends' houses - without me along!

Every where we go, if she gets something (a sucker at the dry cleaners, candy from a party, etc), she makes sure to ask if she can have another for Joey.  She's very thoughtful and loves her brother!  The other day when Joey got mad at me and yelled "you are NOT my best friend," Melanie quickly followed up with "Mommy, I can be your best friend."  She recently got sick at school, and the next day, I was sending her clean blanket & pillow back with her for naptime.  Before she left for school, she gave me a hug & kiss and said "Thank you for washing my things, Mommy."

It cracks me up that she's now making faces for the camera
One night as I left for small group and Mel was getting out of the bathtub, the last thing I heard her ask her Dad was "Can I dress like a ballerina?" I left him with that one - and got this picture texted to me about 20 minutes later.  Her fashion sense remains very interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment