Tuesday, August 11, 2015

First Day of Kindergarten & 2nd Grade





We are excited for the first day of Kindergarten for Joey; he has Mrs. Sorgen as a teacher.  We have loved Mrs. Sorgen from the moment Melanie had her for Kindergarten two years ago; her name was Miss Compton then!  He has a lot of friends in his class, and we look forward to watching him grow this year!

Melanie has been out of her mind all summer, ready for 2nd grade to start.  I'm not exaggerating when I say this is the most excited that either of my kids have ever been about anything.  Melanie has Mrs. Masters this year, and we are excited to get to know her.  Mel has several friends in her class as well, and seems to be adjusting well to the fact that she is separated from her friend Alexsandra for the first time.  Mrs. Master's daughter is in Joey's kindergarten class; so there's another link between the two (although we haven't met the daughter yet either).

The kids will continue in the BAC (before/after care) program, but rode the bus today to add to the first-day excitement.  And apparently the first-day confusion, as I just got a call from school asking why they weren't going to BAC.  I guess notes in both backpacks weren't enough :)  Glad for the system of checks & balances, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment