 |
| The first candy he earned at tutoring - week one! |
 |
| Joey & Ms. Judy |
 |
| Joey asked Ms. Judy to take & send this the week of 3/14/16 |
To kick off the second semester of kindergarten, we decided to have Joey meet with a tutor. I contacted Union's reading specialist, who put us in touch with Ms. Judy, who I emailed and spoke with on the phone. We agreed to a once a week, hourly session on Monday afternoons when Joey would typically be in "Bridge." At their first session, I received a text with a picture of Joey enjoying himself, and have received a couple since then, so I wanted to highlight them here. The one-on-one attention has really helped Joey blossom in his interest for reading and writing; the best investment I've made! He also spent a few weeks going to a special reading group with the reading specialist during class, and quickly "graduated" from that extra attention.
As a side story, when Ms. Judy sent her first report, I forwarded it to my mom to also assess that we were making progress, and my mom put the pieces together that Ms. Judy is a friend of hers who used to live and work in Frankfort. Small world indeed! (Ms. Judy and I both have different last names now, so we didn't put this together ourselves)
No comments:
Post a Comment